John Paul Sheridan
Project Title: Real-time Management of Tourism Distribution Channels Using Expert Systems
Name: John Paul Sheridan
Supervisor: Dana Vasiloaica
The primary aim of the project is to investigate the application of expert systems to effectively and efficiently manage channel distribution for small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in the tourism industry.
In other to achieve the primary aim a number of secondary aims need to be defined as follows.
- Understand an Expert System and the role of an Expert System in tackling specific problems.
- Understand Channel Distribution Management and its role in SMEs in the tourism industry.
- Understand the role of a Subject Matter Expert whose knowledge and expertise is utilised when making decisions.
- Gather the requirements of an expert system relative to channel distribution.
- Gather a sufficient knowledge base to fully understand the problem domain
- Utilise that knowledge in a software solution.